Sunday, July 29, 2007

Praise Your Child

Tonight, as I was looking for a blueberry bread recipe, I came across a flyer of 101 ways to praise a child. I remember when my girls were young I would sometimes lose sight of their beauty, humor, gifts, just how wonderful they were. My focus was on the messes they were making or what they were doing wrong. It does take effort for a parent to be positive and raise positive children, but, with practice it does become easier. Begin with a smile, give them your undivided attention, and here are some phrases to use...

WOW - WAY TO GO - SUPER - YOU'RE SPECIAL - OUTSTANDING - EXCELLENT - GREAT - GOOD - NEAT - WELL DONE - REMARKABLE - I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT - I'M PROUD OF YOU - FANTASTIC - SUPER STAR - NICE WORK - LOOKING GOOD - YOU'RE ON TOP OF IT - BEAUTIFUL - NOW YOU'RE FLYING - YOU'RE CATCHING ON - NOW YOU'VE GOT IT - YOU'RE INCREDIBLE - BRAVO - YOU'RE FANTASTIC - HURRAY FOR YOU - YOU'RE ON TARGET - YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY - HOW NICE - HOW SMART - GOOD JOB - THAT'S INCREDIBLE - HOT DOG - DYNAMITE - YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL - YOU'RE UNIQUE - NOTHING CAN STOP YOU NOW - GOOD FOR YOU - I LIKE YOU - YOU'RE A WINNER - REMARKABLE JOB - BEAUTIFUL WORK - SPECTACULAR - YOU'RE SPECTACULAR - YOU'RE DARLING - YOU'RE PRECIOUS - GREAT DISCOVERY - YOU'VE DISCOVERED THE SECRET - YOU FIGURED IT OUT - FANTASTIC JOB...

Author Unknown

Try some new phrases and stay tuned for part two tomorrow...

Hugs,
Gin

No comments: