Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Grocery shopping...yikes!

Before I knew better, I used to go up and down each aisle in the grocery store - then I knew I was done shopping and headed for the checkout. Now, I shop the perimeter of the store, where the FRESH food is located. OK, the liquor portion of my grocery store is on the perimeter too...anyway...trips to the grocery store don't always have to be a lengthy chore!

  • know where the organic products are located
  • keep meals simple
  • make a list - it is frustrating to forget an ingredient
  • don't shop hungry (especially with hungry children!!!)
  • know the ingredients you need
  • keep the shopping for the items located in the center of the store for a longer visit
My grocery store carries organic products. I know where most of them are located. I usually stock up on organic tomato sauce, organic garbanzo beans (for hummus, yum!), organic broth, and other staples on longer visits.

So the moral to this story - fresh food is better for you and your family. Learn to make those quick stops for an evening meal, or for enough fresh food for two days. Gone are the days of shopping once a week for food - you are eating mostly dead (no enzymes) and processed food all week. Shop the perimeter of the store - fresh organic fruits and veggies, grab a hunk of organic protein, and throw together a quick meal!

Love your body enough to eat FRESH FOODS!!!

Hugs,
Gin

No comments: