Thursday, July 5, 2007

My frozen dinner...

"Take good care of your future because that's where you're going to spend the rest of your life." - K. Kettering

When I need a quick dinner, I keep a couple of frozen dinners in my freezer. (I minimize my daily microwave oven usage and splurge using it on a frozen dinner.) So, as I was eating my dinner - I began to read the back of the box and recalled why I chose this product in the first place. On the back of my Amy's Cheese Lasagna it says No GMO's - NO Bioengineered Ingredients and almost every ingredient is organic. Oh yes, I think it tastes great too! YUM!!!

Read the labels on what you are buying. Be careful of what you are putting into your body...and what type of corporation you are supporting with your hard earned money! There are so many healthy products to substitute for the items we are accustomed to putting on our grocery list. One good place to start is your local health food store, they will be happy to give you information and suggestions - some stores even have food sampling days...mine does, and I ink that in my calendar each month!

Also, I don't want to hear any gripes about the cost of organic products either, you know the saying - garbage in, garbage out? You will pay now or pay later with poor health and doctor/hospital bills. Why are we so reluctant to pay a little more for a healthier product now, that is better for our bodies, better for the environment, and better for the future of the next generation? Beats me, because I am committed to making a positive difference in this world!

What is your difference going to be?

Hugs,
Gin

No comments: