Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hobby Therapy

Booties
Booties - sole

OK, what have I been doing instead of posting to this blog? Well, I call it "Hobby Therapy." Saturday morning, while listening to Harry Potter on my iPod, I ended up arranging part of the basement craft area looking for felt and embroidery floss to complete this bootie project for a friend of my daughter's who is due in December. It has been too long since I have been creative and I felt the strong need to complete a project. Luckily I had the presence of mind to tackle a small project. So how do I feel now? Great!!! There really is something soothing when I work with my hands...my mind gets a calming rest...I lose track of time (that's a good thing!)...and I find myself humming! Hmmm, a clue - I should partake in one of my hobbies on a regular basis!

So I'm reminding you to pick up one of your hobbies and create! It's refreshing!

Hugs,
Gin

No comments: