Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Just Say NO

It doesn't matter how old you are or where you live - - - we have all had that moment with ourselves..."Why did I say yes" to that project or whatever it is that overloads our schedule. There are only so many hours in the day, and we are equipped with the ability to make healthy decisions. Practice the following ways of saying "NO", so if you need one of these phrases, you are ready!

  • I'd love to help, but I have another committment
  • I can't, but I would be glad to help out with another task
  • I wish I could help, I'm sure you will do a great job on your own
  • I am not comfortable with that
  • I am sorry but I have had some things come up that I need to deal with first
  • Thanks for asking me, but I am not the most qualified person for the job
  • I can't right now, but I would be glad to do it later
  • I wish I could help you, but I don't have any experience with that
  • I am not taking on any new projects
  • I can't right now, I just don't have any room on my calendar
  • I am focusing more on my personal/career/family right now
  • NO.
Practice, practice!

Hugs,
Gin

1 comment:

DubLiMan said...

Very nice...........a kindred spirit. We definitely need more positive blogs in the blogesphere. Keep up the good work, it's good for the planet as a whole.

Let me know if you are interested in sharing links.

Leave me a comment at: http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2007/06/general-comment-page.html