Thursday, June 28, 2007

Journal!

A quick look at journaling...have you ever felt you cannot have a complete thought? OR your body is not tired, but your mind is? How will you ever be able to listen to your own intuition and thoughts if your mind is crammed full of "stuff". This "stuff" may be your hopes, dreams, troubled thoughts, worries...whatever. Stop! Take care of your mind! Clear your mind! A great way to clear your mind is to journal your thoughts. Grab a notebook or buy a special journal and a pen of your choice. I just love fine point gel writers - they flow and glide easily, like your thoughts spilling onto the paper. I also feel that I get more benefits from hand writing my journal rather than keeping it on a computer. The convenience is mobility, and when I only have a few minutes in my day, I just grab my journal and write! I've also used my journaling to blow off some steam when feeling emotions of anger, disappointment, sadness, guilt, etc. Also, I have taken a single sheet of paper and written down my rants! Naturally, (I didn't want to say the hurtful rants to the specific person's face) so I shredded the sheet(s) of paper rather than leaving it around to be discovered. Another plus to shredding the paper is that you have the opportunity to witness your feelings being disposed of. A small weight lifted off of your shoulders. I know that personally I certainly felt much better for having gotten those feelings out with this method. The benefit: you now have mental room to experience more of life! How can you have more if your mind is cluttered with old "stuff". Remember, like Meg Ryan says in the movie French Kiss, "...fester, fester, fester, rot, rot, rot..." not good!

Hugs,
Gin

2 comments:

ASK ME HOW I CAN HELP YOU!! said...

Hi Gin,

yep love your blog too.
i hear from other bloggers that pictures are the way to go so maybe see if you can sneak a few in here and there.
there is a definite need for a return to holistic thinking and all the healthy changes to lifestyle that can bring about. keep up the good work and thank you for reading my blog!!
Lisa

vitality magnet said...

Lisa,

Thanks! Great suggestion...I need to learn how to post pictures, better put that on the front burner. HA.

Gin